Thursday, March 20, 2014

Struggles.

Write about a challenge you currently deal with on a day to day basis...

My daily life consists of many things like being a wife, going to work, school, studying, observing classrooms, and not to mention, trying to find time throughout my busy schedule for things I’d like to do. Such as spending time with my husband, reading, writing, yoga, going to the gym, and carving out time for my family and friends. I’d be lying if I told you it wasn’t hectic at times. Luckily, I have a great supporter – my husband. Wade will make sure bills are taken care of, that the house remains clean, and that the laundry gets done. Aside from all of these

Needless to say it can be challenging. But really, when it comes down to it, my most challenging aspect is trying to control my stress. I have an extremely difficult time when it comes to managing stress. Yes, the gym and yoga helps – but sometimes when there are multiple essays due and a math test that I need to study for I can start to feel my existence start to spread thin. When that happens, I get snippy, argumentative, and I start to withdraw within myself. My emotions start heading south and it creates even worse problems. So, how do I deal with it?

Aside from running and doing yoga to help manage it for the most part, when I find myself feeling super stressed I try and breathe. It sounds silly, but actually stopping for a moment to just breathe – or even hold my breath – can do wonders. Sometimes I forget this little trick, but lately I have been remembering to do so. Aside from that, I’ve found that even just talking about how stressed I am with Wade helps. It is naturally hard for me to share my feelings, so it takes a little internal encouragement, but it works.


*linking up with danielle's journal day over at sometimes sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I am terrible with stress. As soon as i get better from this stupid bronchitis - I bought a dvd for yoga. :)

    Hot tea helps a bit and xanex. Venting / crying to my husband - relieves so much! I think right now I'm going to make some hot tea. :)

    Hugs! ps you can always text me !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments.